Tuesday, December 8, 2009

To be a body builder or not to be... that is the question

Good morning! I like to start my day early in the morning. I realized that I'm much more productive in the morning than at night. Maybe it's because it's so still, or maybe it's because less people are awake? Regardless, all I know is that I'm not as distracted in the morning and I can focus on my work.

Today, I woke up at 6 AM to a still dark day. Even the sun wasn't out yet! Oy, it's going to be hard getting myself to run at this time. I'm going to continue training for the half marathon now, but running in the dark is a bit intimidating for me !!!

Instead of running today, I focused on strength-training. Now, I'm not a big weight-lifting fan. To me, I feel like I'm wasting time, and I could be doing so much better while I'm doing it. However, I decided that I needed to start incorporating weight-lifting into my training schedule because strength in the upper body helps you to run FASTER! And I definitely want to improve... So here's a cheer to weight-lifting!

I'm following Hal Higdon's half-marathon training schedule, and he has these strength-training exercises posted online. Check them out right HERE.

No comments: