Sunday, December 27, 2009

Our Quest to find the Gingerbread Man

was not successful. No gingerbread man was to be found at Bouchon Bakery in the Time Warner mall at Columbus Circle. I'm so sad =( BUT, we did find instead this pretty snowflake cookie, which is supposed to taste similar to the gingerbread man without molasses (according to the employee). And ta da, the employee was right because it totally tasted like I would've imagined the gingerbread man to be like (although now I wonder how amazing it could have been with molasses!!!). We also got this vanilla macaron, and the employee ended up giving us two of them. I do not know if we got it for free or not, but it's all good. Better for us hehehe. By the way, Bouchon Bakery's macarons= heavenly! The vanilla buttercream is just too good for words... all that butter and vanilla beans... YUM. Definitely not for those who are watching their weights =X

Check out all the deliciousness... jealous riiight?

We ran to the Time Warner mall and back for a grand total of 6.8 miles. Not too shabby, not too shabby at all. It felt amazing! I haven't had a good run like that in awhile, but it's probably because I keep running at my comfort pace. Today, I most definitely did NOT run at my comfort pace. I was trying to keep up so hard! We bumped into someone along the way...

LOL.

We also passed by the Christmas tree at Rockefeller, which I didn't get a chance to see yet. So here's my shot with it!

Nothing beats a nice run on a nice day. Y'all should definitely get up and try it too. You feel so refreshed and energized afterwards. Plus you feel REALLY good. Love it!

My eats for today included leftover black bean chili with ham for breakfast, some salad and an itty bitty portion of pasta with sausage for lunch, my amazing snowflake cookie and a vanilla macaron for snack, and (oh my gosh, this was the BEST), Fage 0% yogurt topped with Trader Joe's Soy & Flax Clusters, heated apple chunks, and a spoonful of peanut butter for dinner!! I heart yogurt and peanut butter yum yum yum =)

Now I'm off to see some childhood friends and get some coffee. I hope you have a great night too!

No comments: