Tuesday, December 15, 2009

To the weak

It's so easy to give up at the most crucial moments, the moments that will be the deciding factor of pushing forward or falling behind. And I know that I am more of a "start strong, finish mediocre" kind of gal. I want to just fall into an attitude of indifference and not care, but indifference leads you nowhere.

Running has helped me to understand so much more on the power of endurance: what it means and what it can help you to accomplish. Endure the rough patches to reach the final goal. Endure the obstacles because they only last temporarily. The finish line makes it worth it in the end.

I'm not going to lie though, I am so weak. The only thing that really pushes me to keep going is the fact that I understand my purpose is to glorify God. It is really easy to forget this and make the finish line that final goal, but I am thankful to be reminded--through the bible, friends, praise songs--that what we do in our lives is a way to glorify God.

So, Lord, please continually help me to study not as a final means of getting good grades, but as a way to glorify You. And whatever happens... I trust in Your plan. AMEN!

Here is a clip of this guy playing "All Who Are Thirsty" by Kutless. He is one of my fave acoustic players on YouTube.


And I forgot to mention that I saw James Franco yesterday while studying at Starbucks. He was sitting five feet away from me!!!

I secretly took this photo, excuse the blurriness.

No comments: