1 3/4 cups oatmeal
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of salt
1 cup of skim milk (or whatever kind you want to use)
1 cup of canola or vegetable oil
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
large heaping of chocolate and reese's peanut butter chips
1 mashed banana
1. Put together the dry ingredients (the first five) in a large bowl and blend together.
2. Put together the wet ingredients (eggs, milk, oil, brown sugar, vanilla extract) in a separate bowl. Whisk until ingredients blend together.
3. Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisk until everything is blended together.
4. Fold into the batter the chocolate and reese's peanut butter chips.
5. Fold in the mashed banana last.
6. Bake for 23-25 minutes at 375 degree F.
Oh yeah, I forgot to add:
These muffins are healthy (whole wheat baby!) and low in fat (only 1 cup of oil and no butter!). The crumb is moist, nutty, and flavorful. It's a definite must =)