Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Good eats!

Morning! I am so tired. I fell asleep on the floor of my apartment last night after I got back from the library around 3:30/4 AM. One last day to study and then it's game time! I can NOT wait. I just want this whole misery to be done with.

I have work today from 4 to 10 PM, so a huge chunk of my day is gone. I really really hope I can get a lot accomplished from now until 4, and then some more afterwards... Should I stay up late tonight? Probably not. Instead I'll try to wake up early Thursday morning...

Alright, this entry's going to be about some good eats! These recipes are what I've been eating the past couple of days. Sorry, I have no pictures; I was in too much of a rush to take pictures and upload them, but I'm sure you can use your imagination =)

Best Thanksgiving sandwich ever:

Get 2 slices of bread and toast them. Slather on pumpkin butter on one piece of toast and cover with a handful of raisins. Then get a couple slices of turkey and place on top of the layer of raisins. Close the sandwich with the other piece of bread. Ta da~ this sandwich is delicious and reminds you of Thanksgiving. Quick and easy!

Peanut butter and pumpkin oatmeal:

Prepare a serving of oatmeal (1/4 c oats, 1/2 c soy or almond milk, 1/2 c water). As the liquids are almost fully incorporated into the oatmeal, add a dollop (or a couple...!) of peanut butter and pumpkin butter and stir into mixture. Then, incorporate a handful of raisins and trail mix into the oatmeal. Continue to heat and stir to desired consistency. Voila! This is delicious; it hits the sweet and savory note from the pumpkin butter and peanut butter. Mhmm~

Oatmeal, Elvis-style:

Man, you can never go wrong with peanut butter. I love it! Prepare a serving of oatmeal (1/4 c oats, 1/2 c soy or almond milk, 1/2 c water). As the liquids are almost absorbed into the steel cut oats, slice a banana into the pot. Let the banana get incorporated into the oatmeal. Add in raisins or trail mix into the pot, if you like (I do!). Scoop oatmeal into a bowl, and add a dollop of peanut butter on top. And I do say... "Thank you, thank you very much."

I think oatmeal is so underrated, when it is possibly one of the best foods out there!!! It's a heart-healthy, high fiber meal, and it keeps you full for hours!! Plus, you can make so many variations with oatmeal; all you got to do is put your thinking cap on. What kind of ingredients do you like to add to your oatmeal?

No comments: