Friday, November 20, 2009

Why I love Running

Andddd I am back from my run!

This was the route that I ran:
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3330989

I am so proud of myself! 6.5 miles? I wasn't even planning to run that much, but while I was running, I really felt good and knew I could push myself to run a little further. I can't believe I ran past the Grand Central Station and actually went all the way to PJ Clarkes, where I ate dinner with my roommates last night.

Can you believe that just a month ago or so, I could only run around 2 miles maximum? Now, I can run past 6 miles! This is a huge improvement and makes me feel so empowered. I think this achievement just shows how you really can do anything as long as you are determined and
believe in yourself.

But I have to take it even one step further than that! Many times, I think we believe in ourselves so much, that when we fail, we really go down this downward spiral of negativity. This is when we have to remember that it really is not about just believing in ourselves. It is about God and trusting that He has a wonderful plan for our lives. It is about knowing that God already accepts and loves us, whether we "succeed" or "fail" according to the world.

This is why I love to run. Running is like therapy to me. During the times I run, I seem to be able to speak to God more intimately and personally. He reminds me of His love for me. Not to sound cheesy, but He's my personal trainer and counselor hahaha.

So, to all my readers out there, don't forget that God loves you and He is the one who gives you strength! =)

(Picture 1 is at Grand Central Station; Picture 2 is taken right on 1st Ave, near the Trump World Tower and UN)

No comments: