Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's the Gobble Gobble Season

Gobble, gobble.

I bet so many turkeys get killed during this time. Thank you turkeys for all your delicious white and dark meat! You help make this holiday so freakin' yummy!!!

Yesterday was KCCC's annual Thanksgiving Banquet. And it was a total success! I think this was the first year where we actually didn't run out of food! We had so many leftovers that people could come and get seconds, thirds, fourths...!!! Talk about gluttony :P

We had turkey (props to Eric Cha, Yooie, Susan!!) and side dishes like stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberries, and green beans from Whole Foods. The plated food looked so pretty with its different colors that I wanted to take a picture so badly! Too bad I had no camera... so you'll just have to use your imagination.

Today I scheduled myself to go on a 5 mile run through Lower East Side and Chinatown. It went alright... but I probably won't ever run through Chinatown again. It wasn't my cup of tea: the narrow streets, the busy commercial shops, the smell of fried foods, and the sight of meat hanging were not so pleasant. Plus, I felt a little bit uneasy running in certain parts. Let's just say I have never entered that deep into Chinatown before!

My snack before my run: 4 Whole Wheat crackers from Trader Joe's with peanut butter and jelly. Mhmmm, nothing beats peanut butter~

My brunch after my run: 1/2 cup of Swiss Muesli with Almond Milk, an omelette with cumin, garlic, and red pepper flakes, and 2 slices of pork belly. Yes, pork belly! I have been using it as my version of bacon haha. Hey, whatever works right? They're both from the same animal...

Well, I do have a lot to do today before I go to work at 4. I am planning to finish reading my chapter on diabetes for my class Clinical Nutrition Assessment and Intervention. Hopefully I can continue to work on my personal statement after that.

See y'all later!

No comments: