Wednesday, October 21, 2009

This one's dedicated to the big G

Huge, huge change in attitude from yesterday. Yesterday, I was all like, "I hate life, everything is overwhelming me" but today, I felt kickass. And really blessed. God is seriously like da man. I really really started this day off in prayer, and needless to say, it helped. A lot. Made me wonder why I don't dedicate my days to Him more. Silly me.

Got some homework done, before I headed off to work, but yeah, first off, I ain't the new girl at work anymore!! We got two more hirees, so now I'm like, legit, naw what I'm sayin'? No more fitting room duty, I can be a floater baby. Joyce (the assistant manager) also asked me to train Steph, the new girl, a little, ha! Empowerment, people, empowerment. That is totally the key to making you feel all important, when it's not that big of a deal. Steph's pretty chill; she's from Australia and speaks with an accent so obviously that boosts her cool factor up by a gazillion points. I find myself responding back in an accent frequently, so I have to catch myself...

I had my yummy fire-roasted peppers and onions, chicken quinoa today for lunch. Delicious! I didn't post the recipe last time, so here it is:

My kickass quinoa
1. Pour a cup of quinoa into a pot with 2 cups of water. Wait for water to boil and then reduce to a simmer and cover.
2. In another pot, boil water for the chicken breasts. Once water is boiling, drop those babies in.
3. Prepare all vegetables (you can substitute for any). Cut, slice, do what you gotta do to get those veggies ready! Steam them.
4. Once chicken is ready, cool and shred into bite-size pieces.
5. Combine veggies with the cooked quinoa (you know it's done if you can see the clear bran outline). Add chicken.
6. Add couple of dashes of basil and cumin.
7. Add a splash of vinegar and olive oil.
8. Add 2 spoonfuls of ketchup and mustard each.
9. Mix and enjoy!

It's seriously the bomb diggity. And it keeps you full, I swear, because it has your grain, protein, and veggies for fiber.

Anyways, I got good news today... My professor who I thought left the school replied back to his email address and agreed to write a good recommendation for me!! Yay!!! I just got to get all my junk ready for him... That's the hard part now. Thank you God though, because that was one of my overwhelming problems.

No comments: