Wednesday, August 20, 2008

God is good =)

I am amazed at just how great God is, more and more, each and every day. He has graced me with so many blessings and so much love that I can't even comprehend it. He gives me a daily reminder just on how much I need Him and need to rely on Him. Without Him, I am nothing- I'm just like a nobody, but God makes me so unique. He molds me into His child, and for that, I am so grateful. God loves me, despite my imperfections. I may not respond or react the way God intends me to, but He loves me anyway. That seriously amazes me, because when people don't respond or react the way I want them to, I get so disappointed, and you can totally tell. But God doesn't do that to us. That's when I really start to understand a little more about His unconditional love. 

I seriously pray that God will use me so mightily this year- among my friends, my parents, and my future soonwons. 

God's love is so freakin' awesome =)

I'm going to leave this post with a passage that I read in Desiring God by John Piper:

"Once we had no delight in God, and Christ was just a vague historical figure. What we enjoyed was food and friendships and productivity and investments and vacations and hobbies and games and reading and shopping and sex and sports and art and TV and travel... but not God. He was an idea-even a good one- and a topic for discussion; but He was not a treasure of delight

Then something miraculous happened. It was like the opening of the eyes of the blind during the golden dawn. First the stunned silence before the unspeakable beauty of holiness. Then the shock and terror that we had actually loved the darkness. Then the settling stillness of joy that this is the soul's end. The quest is over. We would give anything if we might be granted to live in the presence of this glory forever and ever" (Piper, 71-72, emphasis added).

No comments: