Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Thinly sliced steak over white rice

So, as a college student, it's pretty annoying to cook in the kitchen. Sometimes, all you really want to do is have some delicious meal ready in a couple of minutes. No wonder we eat out all the time... BUT, I'm going to introduce a quick and easy recipe that definitely satisfies your tummy: thin slices of marinated steak over white rice. Mhmm it's oh-so-yummylicious! =)

Sadly, I did not take a picture of my creation, but I'm sure I'll be making it again very soon so I'll upload a picture then! And sorry, I didn't take any measurements for this recipe. Just experiment and you'll get it right! :)

Ingredients:
Steak, thinly sliced
Soysauce
Sugar
Rice

1. Make desired amount of rice in the electronic rice cooker.
2. Cook slices of steak in a pan. No oil is necessary.
3. As the steak is cooking, pour about 2 tablespoons of soysauce into the pan.
4. Sprinkle some sugar into the pan.
5. Put rice into a bowl.
6. Once the meat is thoroughly cooked, place the slices of steak over the rice and pour the leftover sauce in the pan into the rice bowl. Enjoy!

The cooking process literally takes less than 10 minutes. It's quick, simple, easy, and utterly satisfying. Trust me, this dish is way better than buying some fastfood meal.

P.S. I made this dish again, this time with sautéed, diced onions. The flavor of the dish is intensified with this additional ingredient! The onions draw out the juices of the meat even more!

1 comment:

Ferris said...

I AM GIVING PERSONAL TESTIMONY TO HOW GOOD THIS RECIPE IS!!! SO. GOOD.