Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Double chocolate cookie crisps

I know it's been awhile. Alright, a long while. I've been so caught up with life-- school, internship, team meetings for my summer mission trip!!! I haven't been able to bake or cook in such a long time, so of course I couldn't update my food blog.

But now I'm back... right before I leave on a month-long mission trip to Switzerland. I know, perfect timing as usual. Oh well, what can I do. This is how I work, and y'all are just going to have to deal!

So last week (or was it two weeks ago?), I was really craving something chocolatey and yummy. Naturally, I decided to bake using the materials I got in my kitchen! The result: melted Three Musketeer bars, cocoa powder chocolatey goodness! Yum, yum, yum.



This picture doesn't do my cookies justice! I should've plated them, but you know me, I just didn't want to spare a clean dish just to take pictures. So there you go, my double chocolate cookie crisps pictured on aluminum foil :-)

-Ingredients-
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup of melted butter
1 egg white
Three musketeer bars, melted (however many you want to use; I used six)

-Directions-
1. Cream together the melted butter and sugars. This incorporates air into the butter and adds an airy factor to the cookies.
2. Add in the egg white and mix.

3. In another bowl, mix together the flour and cocoa powder.

4. Slowly add the flour mixture into the melted butter and sugars, in 3 batches.

5. Fold in the melted Three Musketeer bars.

6. Make small cookie balls and place on a baking pan sprayed with oil (to prevent them from sticking).

7. Place in a preheated oven of 350 F. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Ferris said...

OMGOSHHH HYEMYUNG THESE COOKIES LOOK SO GOOD IM ABOUT TO CRY (REALLY)